Thursday, November 15, 2012

The King's Offspring - The Golden Age (Isaac Knox Verse)



(Starts at 1:25)

I wonder what made the golden age the global favorite
Compared to what the folks today have cultivated
Back when parties were soda, cake and rollerskatin
Now the party girls’ poker face is broke and wasted

My grandparents said listen now, dear
Life was so much better in a sixties town y'ear
You would love to raise some kids around here
When doors were never locked ‘cause people lived without fear

People went outside, socialized and had fitness
They’d ride a bike and then recline for a picnic
Having dinner as a family at the table
Television had three channels never cable

Gas prices weren’t that high and the economy
was fast risin’ like the cats flyin’ the Apollo Team
Last night I dreamed of that life and now honestly
It’s mad nice, I hope it’s back right when I fall asleep

No comments:

Post a Comment